ATEI, IBEW Local Union 98 and the Penn-Del-Jersey Chapter of NECA are committed to working together to provide a safe workplace for all of our apprentices and members. From the initial “boot camp” training we provide for our new apprentices, to state-of the-art electrical and construction safety programs, ATEI facilitates a comprehensive safety & health training program.
IBEW Local 98 and Penn-Del-Jersey NECA are one of the few programs in the Nation that have committed to having a full-time Safety Coordinator working with our contractors and members everyday to ensure safe workplaces. Our Safety Coordinator, Mark Lynch, is a recognized industry expert in safety, codes and standards and helps to coordinate and oversee all of our safety training programs.
Mr. Lynch coordinates and is responsible for conducting:
- Personal inspection of jobsites
- Jobsite safety assessments
- Working with stewards and foreman to avoid and correct unsafe working conditions
- Working with all members to promote safe work practices
Safety Training is available to all members through our Apprentice Program and our Journeyman & Technician classes. Classes offered include:
- OSHA 10/30-hour classes
- First Aid/CPR
- Specific OSHA standard training
- Electrical Safety in the Workplace (NFPA 70E)